- Start and end date: May 27-June 05, 2021
- Location / address: Online
Are you a team of innovators led by a woman and interested in solving challenges in the agri-food sector to empower women through digital technologies? Apply to the DigitalAg4Her Hackathon to receive technical and business support, work with fellow-innovators and get the chance to win services for a value equivalent to $4,000 to help you develop your idea.
Berytech, in collaboration with the World Bank Group’s Mashreq Gender Facility and Agriculture and Food Global Practice, is organizing the first edition of the DigitalAg4Her Hackathon.
The event aims to crowd source and support innovative ICT-based solutions through women led-initiatives, tailored to enhance women’s productivity in the agri-food sector in Lebanon.
If you apply to the DigitalAg4Her Hackathon:
You will get the chance to develop your prototype and agri-food solutions using technologies like Internet of Things, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence.
You will learn, experiment, and build agri-food solutions that can lead to creating your own startup.
You will learn how to transform your idea into a valid business solution through online workshops, prototype your solution and pitch it to a panel of judges.
Three winners will receive in-kind grants of $4,000 (e.g. advisory services, technical assistance, etc.), as well as 2-month incubation from Berytech with further technical and business assistance.
- Introduction and Challenges Presentation and the real challenges facing the agri-food sector.
- Problem identification and sketching different solutions.
- Customer Discovery to validate assumptions and better understanding.
- Lean Model Canvas to turn ideas into a valid business solution.
- Validation Days and Field assessment.
- Guidance to build a prototype, whether it is hardware or software.
- Clinics and hacking; support of experts to develop innovative agri-food hardware or software solution.
Pre-selection: pitch and present demo to the jury.
Expert feedback and winners announcement.
You are encouraged to apply if you are a young professional or students under 35 with the desire to bring transformational change in the agri-food sector and empower women. Preferred background: Agri-food specialists, engineers, scientists, makers, environmentalists, agronomists, innovators, entrepreneurs or young professionals interested in finding a digital solution to the agri-food sector.
If you would like to apply for this training, click on the following link: