Start and end date:
18 – 20 NOVEMBER
Location / address:
Lead / intro
Rural Entrepreneurs in Agri-Food (REAF) is a program through which Berytech supports startups in three different batches with innovations across the agrifood, eco-tourism, sustainable agriculture, and circular economy sectors.
The program starts with the 3-day REAF Ideathon, followed by the 8-month REAF Incubation Program. The incubation program, designed in two phases, will offer the 15 winning startups of the Ideathon the resources, knowledge, and funding to scale their solutions and grow into a sustainable business.
Startups working in the rural economy value chain are supported across different stages including but not limited to agriculture production, distribution, marketing, retail, household consumption, manufacturing and processing.
Through the REAF program, selected startups will benefit from tailored capacity-building activities, business development services, technical assistance, coaching, and in-kind grants.
Under the Rural Entrepreneurs in Agri-Food (REAF) program, funded by The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in partnership with Berytech, within the framework of the project Strengthening Agriculture, Local Communities and Small and Medium Enterprises (ACE), Berytech is organizing the REAF Ideathon 2022 to support selected participants grow their business.
Held over three consecutive days, the REAF Ideathon is an exciting opportunity for entrepreneurs and startups, working on innovative solutions in the sectors of agrifood, eco-tourism, sustainable agriculture, and circular economy, operating in South Mount Lebanon, Central and West Bekaa, solving real problems/challenges in rural communities to enhance their concept, receive support, and pitch their proposed solutions to a panel of judges to get the chance to be selected to join the 8-month.
- Receive up to $6,500 in-kind grants, benefit from one-on-one business coaching, connect with key industry stakeholders, get free access to prototyping facilities, and much more.
- If you’re innovating across the agri-food, eco-tourism, sustainable agriculture, and circular economy sectors, and you operate in the south of Mount Lebanon, Central Bekaa, or West Bekaa, apply now to the Rural Entrepreneurs in Agri-Food (REAF) Ideathon and get the chance to be among the 15 winners who will be selected for the 8-month REAF Incubation Program.
- REAF targets youth, women, and people with disabilities to empower them with business and entrepreneurship skills that enable them to thrive in their communities and better impact the overall situation in Lebanon.
- The ideathon winners will benefit from the tailored Incubation Program, including capacity-building activities, business development services, technical assistance, coaching, and in-kind grants.
The REAF program includes:
- A field assessment study evaluating the current situation in South of Mount Lebanon, Central and West Bekaa.
- Awareness campaign and the organizations of Ideathons focusing on youth in the targeted areas.
- An incubation program of three batches for startups.
- Youth training enhancing their soft skills, equipping them with necessary tools to develop their entrepreneurial mindset.
Who can apply
You are encouraged to apply if you are a team:
- Working in the agrifood, eco-tourism, and circular economy projects that have direct socio-economic impact.
- Operating in South of Mount Lebanon, Central and West Bekaa.
- With at least two Lebanese co-founders aged between 18 and 35.
Submit your application before November 15, 2022, at 5:00pm.
If selected, attend the REAF Ideathon 2022 over 3 days.
Pitch your idea/solution and get the chance to win.
Contact person: [email protected]
Call to action button: apply for the training