Economy and Trade Amin Salam delivered an opening statement at the launch event for the USAID Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) project entitled: Wine from Lebanon – Exporting Lebanese Wine to the United States.
The project aims to increase the export of Lebanese wine to the mainstream market in the American State of Texas. Under this project, TIF has facilitated the formation of a cluster of 15 Lebanese wineries.
TIF will help these wineries to penetrate the Texan market by:
- enhancing their competitiveness
- making them compliant with specific US market requirements
- linking them to trade value chain actors
- building brand awareness around Lebanese wine
- preparing the wineries for export
The event brought together partner Lebanese wineries and key sector stakeholders to celebrate the launch of the project.